Thursday, March 10, 2022

Should Kindred be banned from prisons? - By RBL

 Should Kindred be banned from prisons?

This is my last action project for my Humanities class, Forbidden Books. During this unit, we looked at several books that were banned for certain reasons. We read books like Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian, Fahrenheit 451, and excerpts from The Color Purple. We also looked at different books and the reasons why they were banned from school systems. Leading up to our action project which was to read a book that was banned from a school system. In my case, I ended up reading Kindred by Octavia Butler. Surprisingly, Kindred isn't banned from a single school system, but it was banned in prisons. Because of this, I had to do a lot more digging for information because it wasn’t directly banned in schools. If there is one thing I learned from Kindred it’s that power will come when you least expect it. Maybe it's banned because are worried about how it sees power. This is the essay that I wrote about the book. I hope you enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Analysis of a War about Nazis and how we fit in

This is my final action project for my class, Policy and for my junior year. This unit was split into two unit those being Execute and Judge...