Friday, June 3, 2022

A Love Album - Romeo and Juliet

A Love Album - Romeo and Juliet


This is my final action project for my class, Healthy Relationships in Shakespeare. In this class we’ve been doing some more digging into some other relationships in the Shakespearean plays. For this last unit we read the famous Romeo and Juliet. In this play there were many fights, many mistakes, and losses. As one of Shakespeare’s most popular tragedies, it was also interesting to watch the many different adaptations. This led to this last action project being to create a playlist of the events of Romeo and Juliet. Before we get to the playlist, let's summarize the play’s plot.



The play begins in Verona with Romeo, a 16 year old Montague that’s coping over a girl with his friend Benvolio helping him to cheer up. Then there’s a fight between the Montagues and the Capulets. The Capulets are a different family who are constantly budding heads with the Montauges. The Prince then threatens anyone who gets in another fight by banning them from the city. Romeo and his gang got into a capulet only party which is where Romeo met Juliet. Once they meet they fall in love immediately and then get married the next day. When Tybalt, an opposing Capulet hears about this news, fights and gets killed by Romeo. Once Romeo is banned Juliet is in shambles. After some more killing, betrayal, and death, Romeo and Juliet end up both killing themselves leaving everyone else devastated.


Here’s my Here's my playlist below that’s based off the play’s plot:


Overall, I enjoyed working on this project because it was a bit out of my comfort zone and got me to think about music in a different way. I don’t listen to too much music in my free time so this action project was sometimes a struggle for me. If I were to do this project again I might try to change some of the songs for ones that could maybe fit some of the scenes in a better way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Analysis of a War about Nazis and how we fit in

This is my final action project for my class, Policy and for my junior year. This unit was split into two unit those being Execute and Judge...