Friday, February 3, 2023

Immersed in Creativity

Welcome to my first blog post for my class, A Nation's Argument. This first unit was titled Thesis: The 1770s. In this class, we've looked throughout different parts of the 1770s and their importance today. We started by looking at Thomas Paine's "Common Sense," that began the fight for independence amongst the 13 colonies. From that, we looked at the studies of Howard Zinn and Joanne Freeman and their takes on this history. This led to us looking at the declaration of Independence in the United States and other declarations for other countries. We also had a field experience with Ben Blair, a principal of Rogers Park Montessori. For this first action project, the goal was to create at declaration for an independent study for a topic of our choice. The topic I've chosen is art in Chicago in the past 10 years. Here's my declaration below:



As a whole, I enjoyed working on this action project. This has allowed me to look into a topic that I've enjoyed doing now. Art has given me countless opportunities when I was younger and even today. If I do get the chance, I would consider doing this for a independent study. With that in mind, it was difficult to find a topic to do in the beginning but once I've found the rest easier. If I were to do this again, I'd see if I can do a different subject and see if the results would be different. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Analysis of a War about Nazis and how we fit in

This is my final action project for my class, Policy and for my junior year. This unit was split into two unit those being Execute and Judge...