Thursday, May 11, 2023

The Power of Calculus

This is my first action project for my workshop, Intro to Calculus. So far, we've gone over how calculus can be used and why these equations are important. We saw this by looking at jobs like being a engineer, a mathematician, or an animator. Throughout the class we have gotten a simple idea of the fundamental parts of calculus and how we can use them in the future. Some of the main things we learned were slopes, tangent lines, and the power rule. We also looked at the instantaneous slope to understand how a slope might change overtime. The biggest part of this unit were derivatives. Derivatives themselves, are similar to understanding electricity and how these concepts can work in tangent to find certain answers. For this action project, the purpose was to analyze an equation of our choice and understand how to use the concepts we've learned to understand it. 

Here's my slideshow below:


Throughout this project, I often struggled with applying certain concepts like derivatives, and the power rule into this project. Even though that's true, I did manage to get through it by going through step by step and making sure I checked every box. My teacher was also very understanding and helped me to apply each equation into my project. If I were to do this again I'd want to see how doing another equation might affect my process and how I could change my approach.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Analysis of a War about Nazis and how we fit in

This is my final action project for my class, Policy and for my junior year. This unit was split into two unit those being Execute and Judge...