Wednesday, September 1, 2021

A Day in a instrumental park - By RBL

What are sounds? How are they different from one another? How can they be changed?

As I went to the sonic pavilion festival on August 31st I got to think about some of these things myself along with A lot of other students at GCE. While we were there we got to hear two different sound displays from speakers we overheard at millennium park. Those two being Kioto Aoki’s “Sonorous Admittings” that was made using Taiko drums. It was truly interesting to hear such a drum display because of how from the speakers they made it sound as if the drums were being played from many different distances so this made it really nice to hear. I learned that depending on if you played the odaiko (big drum) or the smaller taiko drum, the gaps in between makes them sound a lot more powerful and vibrate to be surrounded by the different drums. other being Natalie Chami “Along Dusk” or TALsounds. This was the last piece she created before she left Chicago and it felt meaningful for how relaxing and chill minded it felt to listen to it. I connected to this piece from how the music made you feel a sense of calm in a quiet and very peaceful moment. In closing I really enjoyed getting to go to the sonic pavilion festival and getting to hear such music and sounds, if I did get the chance to go back I would definitely want to record some of the sounds myself on my phone so it could be easier to remember them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Analysis of a War about Nazis and how we fit in

This is my final action project for my class, Policy and for my junior year. This unit was split into two unit those being Execute and Judge...