Sunday, October 17, 2021

Fable Making - By RBL



Fable Making- By RBL

Hello this is RBL and in this blog I will be sharing a fable to you all. Before I do so I made this fable based off a class I'm taking called stories. Fables are shorter stories that usually have animals as the main characters in them that all have a shared lesson. Fables are also important to a lot of cultures and organizations like the national association of black storytellers (N.A.B.S). There important to them because they might show a lesson or moral that the culture might see as important to them fables give the culture something to live off of. If you don't know what a moral is, a moral is a lesson of a story or something a fable is trying to convey. We also had to learn about anthropomorphism, which means to give different animals human like characteristics. We also had my mother Emily Lansana come into our classroom and share some of her stories to us. My Mom is a professional storyteller an has been telling stories to people for many years. This leading into this action project, that being to create a fable. 

This fable is about two wolves who is in search for a cure for his mother's sickness. They both go different ways to find an answer for their problems through experience. Thanks for viewing my blog and I hope you enjoy this fable.

The Compassionate Wolf


Long ago, a wolf named Cassidy lived near soft snowy grounds. His name meant that he was compassionate and clever. Cassidy always practiced sharing food for the good of his pack. His sister, Ellis was cunning and always put herself before others. Their mother Vixen cared for both of them since they lost their father, the pack leader, due to an avalanche that crushed his body under the snow.

One day Vixen fell ill with the parvovirus, an illness that affected wolves far and wide. Vixen spent her days in their den. The other wolves protected her while she was sick. When she was ill, Vixen whispered to her children, “My children, I have fallen ill with parvovirus. You must find a cure for me. Whoever finds a cure for my parvo shall become the new pack leader.” This news startled Cassidy and Ellis into a frozen shock, but since Vixen would be taken care of by the other wolves, they were both confident to search for a treatment for their mother. Early the next morning, when the winds were at ease and the air was as calm as the quiet streams that flow, Cassidy and Ellis went in separate ways to find a cure for Vixen.

Cassidy ran to the owl tree. The owls made the best medicines in the land. Cassidy inquired of the owls, “ Oh wise Owls, my Mother has gotten parvo and could die if I can not find her a cure, will you please give me a treatment”? The owls were not certain if they could trust Cassidy. They were worried that Cassidy might eat them all for a good morning breakfast. So the red owl flew down to Cassidy and declared, “We cannot trust you just yet so we shall give you a test. If you succeed we shall give you the cure you need”.

 
Cassidy and the Owl test By RBL, made Oct 16th, 2021 

The red owl flew out of the tree and came back with a huge piece of fish. The red owl gave the fish to Cassidy and when he did, the green owl and the blue owl flew onto two different trees. “I’ve flown these winds for as long as I’ve lived. Over time my wings have become slower and harder to use. Please give me that fish so my wings will feel good as new.” The owl in green suggested. Then the owl in blue harshly demanded, “I’m the fastest owl in these trees, not even that owl on the left could surpass me. I must stay the fastest, and with that fish I’d fly as far as the mountain in an instant.” After hearing the owls' cases Cassidy made a decision. “I shall give this fish to the Owl on the left, he needs it more than the other so he can fly once again.” “Correct,” the red one declared. “Now that you have passed our test, we shall give you the treatment to cure your mother’s sickness.” The Owl with red feathers gave Cassidy a small wooden bottle containing the fluid needed to make her strong once again. “Thank you wise Owls, I shall bring it to my mother so she’ll have strength once again.” Cassidy then went back through the forest so he could bring the medicine to Vixen.


While Cassidy was on his way back to his pack, Ellis went to the polar bear igloo. When Ellis got there she told them harshly, “Hey polar bears I’m looking for medicine for my sick mother, give me some now before she's gone for good or I will steal all your food so you will rot away from starvation!” The polar bears were shocked by the disrespect Ellis had shown them. Then Pola, the biggest and strongest of polar bears, walked up to Ellis and said, “ We won’t let anyone come into the Igloo and show us such disrespect.” They then pounced on Ellis for her actions. She shrieked so loud that even the birds could hear her from the top of the mountain peaks.

When Cassidy returned to the pack, he was commemorated for giving Vixen the medicine and showing the skills needed to conquer the tasks that the owls gave him. The polar bears later brought Ellis back home and explained why she was injured. After that Ellis was in the den for months on end trying to heal from her mistakes. Cassidy became the newest pack leader and remained the pride of the pack for many years to come.


Moral: Always treat people with kindness and respect, you never know what the consequences could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Analysis of a War about Nazis and how we fit in

This is my final action project for my class, Policy and for my junior year. This unit was split into two unit those being Execute and Judge...