Monday, May 16, 2022

Rejecting Dollhood

 This is my second project for the class called Drama. In our second unit called Doll, we talked about what dolls are, how they're portrayed in fiction, and in real life. We also read A Doll's House where we read about Nora and her experiences in a world of doll's. Dolls themselves could be women who are possessed by someone, treated some way by specific people, and many other different reasons. In the play, we were able to see Nora struggle with these norms put onto her which ended with her wanting to leave them for something better. We also went to go see The Tragedy of Christophe which talked about racism, slavery, and many other topics that we still deal with in our lives. We also had a talk back with the actors and got to learn about what they enjoyed most throughout making the play. For this action project we were assigned to create a small play that was supposed to be a continuation after A Doll's House. My play's title is Rejecting Dollhood and it talks about how Nora has changed after A Doll's House. By this point, Nora has became a more independent women and has self doubts about writing a book about her stories of being portrayed by others. Nora best friend Marcella, is a Matron who has lived independently since her husband's death. My gender roles mainly fit how it was back in the 1870's and the world that Nora lived in. Because of that, I will be portraying myself as a different person who will help nora with other things.

Here's my video below:


Here's my Script:




Throughout this course I thought it was interesting looking at social norms and how they can be portrayed in different ways. I also enjoyed writing an original play so I know how to work in celtx in the near future. I don't usually write myself into the stories I create so this was something new. One thing that was difficult was how to wrap up the play in a telling way. Sometimes it took me a while to figure out how to write on the platform at the start. If I was to do this again I might try to pick a different women to have as my second character besides Marcella because it might be eaiser to write about a women I have more information about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Analysis of a War about Nazis and how we fit in

This is my final action project for my class, Policy and for my junior year. This unit was split into two unit those being Execute and Judge...